KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have a Bosch Exxcel 7 condenser tumble dryer WTE84308GB/16

I have a Bosch Exxcel 7 condenser tumble dryer WTE84308GB/16 which is beeping twice when I press the start button and wont start. Can you help? Martin.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 years ago.
KevinWhiteJA :

Hi, welcome to Just answer

KevinWhiteJA :

Beeping twice but wont start...this problem is usually caused due to a bad door interlock mechanism and it should be replaced

KevinWhiteJA :

you can also try to clean it or try to push the door little hard and see if this solves the problem

KevinWhiteJA :

If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you – please use the REPLY link for further assistance..Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks

Customer:

Hi Kevin. I've tried 'slamming' the door closed, closing it and holding it with pressure, and just closing it delierately. None works. How do you suggest I try to clean it? Poking a soft cloth into the door? WD40? All I can see are the two 'prongs' (part of the door) and on the machine base unit there are just a couple of moulded holes where the prongs fit when the door is closed.

Customer:

Also, is the door interlock mechanism a spare I can buy and replace myself, or do I need to pay £100+ for a Bosch engineer?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes you can try both WD40 or a dryer to blow air on that ...if still it wont work then you have to replace it...the part is just around £10 and usually comes with replacement instructions

Customer:

ok thanks. will try. can you recommend a parts supplier and do you know a part number or reference so that I know I'll get the right part?

Customer:

Kevin, sorry I need to close this page. I will log into my account later this pm to conclude this chat. Thanks.

KevinWhiteJA :

you can contact www.espares.co.uk for parts