George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I CURRENTLY OWE A MAYTAG REFRIGERATOR WHICH USED TO HAVE AN

I CURRENTLY OWE A MAYTAG REFRIGERATOR WHICH USED TO HAVE AN EMBRACO COMPRESSOR (I THINK THE MODEL WAS FGS80HA). THE REFRIGERATOR MODEL IS GS24B6C3EV, R134a, 240V. THE COMPRESSOR WAS REPLACED BY A TECHNICIAN AND HE INSTALLED A DANFOSS SC15G. EVER SINCE THE REFRIGERATOR IS NOT COOLING ADEQUATELY AND I AM NOT HAPPY. THE TECHNICIAN INSISTS THAT THE COMPRESSORS ARE OF THE SAME CAPACITY. i WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THIS CONFIRMED AND IF POSSIBLE LET ME KNOW WHICH DANFOSS WOULD HAVE BEEN COMPATIBLE IF THE ONE ALREADY INSTALLED IS NOT.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Danfoss 105G6706 is an NL7F LBP compressor that is a near match to the specs of the FGS80HA

George-Allsorts :

The compressor 'Danfoss SC15G' is a Chinese made 1/2hp Universal compressor. Although often considered to be much inferior to the Embraco brand of compressor, the one he's fitted is double the strength and much cheeper.

Customer:

Can it be used then for my purpose. when you say inferior are you implying that it is a bad choice and that an embraco would have been preferred.

Customer:

And when you say universal are you stating that it is not suitable for LBP usage.

Customer:

George I need clarification on your answer please

George-Allsorts :

Good morning,

Customer:

I am not willing to pay the additional amount as I consider this as an explanation to your feedback

Customer:

Good morning to you too. Please assist me in clarifying your response to my questions

George-Allsorts :

Not a bad choice just made more cheaply for the mass market... It will do the job on your machine if the specs are to go by

George-Allsorts :

what else do you need me to answer for you

George-Allsorts :

Can I ask .. What does this mean "I am not willing to pay the additional amount as I consider this as an explanation to your feedback"?

Customer:

I live in a hot country. the peak temperatures in the kitchen would be 35 deg C. Will it do well under these conditions and is it suitable for LBP application

George-Allsorts :

What country are you in?

George-Allsorts :

and how long would the kitchen remain at that temperatue?

Customer:

I see get extra help on the screen for 4 pounds so I assumed that I had to pay extra for clarification. This is what happens when people do not interact physically....misunderstandings arise.

Customer:

I live in Cyprus and the peak temperature would be 35 deg in the summer. Not all year

George-Allsorts :

That is not the case.. Sorry for the misunderstanding there.. That means that the system will allow you to ring me for a telephone conversation at the cost of an extra £4.00

George-Allsorts :

Don't worry about that .. it is not a problem at all

Customer:

ok sorry.

George-Allsorts :

I have sent you a sheet with all the specifications on there.. What you could do is to look at that sheet and then ring Danfoss

George-Allsorts :

One moment I will get you the contact information

George-Allsorts :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tektron Limited
Strovolos - Nicosia
Sales offices

CY Cyprus
25, Heroes Street, P.O. Box 22123
2034 Strovolos - Nicosia

Timezone: GMT : +2

P: +357 22 497907
F: +357 22 314844
Email
Product lines

Automatic Controls, Burner Components, Residential Heating, Industrial Automation, Household Compressors, Appliance Controls, District Energy Controls, Hydronic Balancing & Controls

George-Allsorts :

You can ask them any relative questions you need to ask regarding the ambient heat for your country in relation to the compressors capabilities

Customer:

I have already contacted them and informed me that I have to replace the capillary tube. This has raised my blood pressure as i had requested an equivalent and they came up with sc15g.

George-Allsorts :

May I ask why the compressor was changed in the first place?

Customer:

Was working non stop as the temperature could not be achieved

George-Allsorts :

So now it is cooling, but you say "not adequately".. What makes you say this?

Customer:

The freezer temp 6 days ago when the compressor was replaced was -19 C and fridge 5 C. 3 days ago the freezer -18c and fridge 10 C and today -15 and 14. The temp were recorded early morning where the refrigerator had not been opened for at least 8 hours and I made sure that the refrig had not gone through a defrost cycle.

George-Allsorts :

When was the compressor changed?

Customer:

Last Saturday

George-Allsorts :

Sorry, week ago you say... Have you reported these anomalies to the company?

Customer:

Yes, they said that I have to replace the capillary tube

Customer:

There is definitely a problem. This compressor now will not turn off either. Only during defrost

George-Allsorts :

I would suggest that the re-charge is leaking... if the capillary where blocked then you would not have the cold temperatures at all.

George-Allsorts :

Try contacting these people who are also on the Danfoss list ... I know they are in Greece but the could give you answers or backup

George-Allsorts :

Omniref Ltd.

Glyfada

Sales offices

GR Greece
Vouliagmenis Ave. 25
166 75 Glyfada

Timezone: GMT : +2

P: +30(###) ###-####/a>
F:
+30(###) ###-####/a>

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair