Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi. My washing machine Beko WMB 71642 W will not spin. It will

Customer Question

Hi. My washing machine Beko WMB 71642 W will not spin. It will start, fill up and do the first few tumbles to get the cycle started but then when it gets to the spin it buzzes a bit and appears to cut out. It then retries a minute later and then buzzes and cuts out again.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok so when set to a spin when its buzzing is the drum actually turning?
Will the drum turn at all during the spin cycle?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it does spin. It starts to spin at a reasonably slow speed then sort of slows a little then back up a bit but eventually gives up and never gets to full spin speed. Throughout all this it is making intermittent noises which are really hard to describe but best I can say is doot dodoot doot dodoot which I guess could be electrical.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok what kind of load do you have inside the washer at the time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have emptied it and it is doing the above.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Ok
Lets see what the error code is.

Turn the dial to the cotton cycle which should be he 12 oclock position.
Turn the washer off.
Press and hold the start button and then turn the washer back on.
Keep the start button held in for several seconds and the error code will flash up E??

Let me know the code then turn the washer off.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

E11

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks for that. E11 is a motor related fault here.

What you need to do is remove the top of the washer and there you will see a small square module board cliped to the right hand side.
Remove this and have a look and see if theres signs of burning on there. If so then you will need to replace this board. But as the drum is turning i dont think it will be this but just check just in case.

If thats fine then you need to remove the motor at the back at the bottom of the washer.
From there you will see the carbon brushes at the back. Check these and see if they have worn down. If so then you will need to replace them as worn brushes can cause this.

But if the module board and carbon brushes are fine then im afraid you are looking at a fault motor here which are quite expensive on these to replace.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Got the brushes out and they are pretty well gone so I think this is the problem. Thank you

Best place to get them, espares?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Glad to hear you found them. Yes you can try espares or ebay as they will have them on here as well.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou very much

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome