canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

My ProHeat Pro-Tech 7920 series is not dispensing cleaning

Customer Question

My ProHeat Pro-Tech 7920 series is not dispensing cleaning fluid
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your Bissell?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
I posted this question on 18 September and have heard nothing
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. It may be a problem with your pump belt. These carpet cleaners use a belt that powers the pump to spray solution out.
Remove the belt access door and inspect the pump belt to ensure it is not broken, worn or stretched. You may also check the belt by turning on the power and watching the brush on the bottom of the machine. If the brush rotates the belt is not broken.
If this was not the problem, here are some other things that you may check:
Make sure there is liquid in both the Tank-in-Tank and the SmartMix bottle. Both tanks must contain fluid or the machine will not spray properly.
Check for proper placement of the o-ring on the SmartMix Cap Insert (some o-rings are detachable and need to fit over the straw; others are molded to the cap).
Check for liquid in the base of the machine where the SmartMix Bottle sits (SmartMix Reservoir). If there is no liquid in the reservoir, the neck on the SmartMix Bottle may be undersized and the cap will not make proper contact with the unit. If there is no liquid present, you will need a replacement SmartMix Bottle.
Check for the black or red tank gasket on the SmartMix Bottle Cap and on the bottom of the Tank-in-Tank Assembly. If gasket is lodged in base of unit or has been lost, reattach gasket on auto-load or order new gasket if appropriate.
Check the valves on the bottoms of the Tank-in-Tank and SmartMix Bottle to make sure water/solution will come through when the "x" valve is depressed. (Bladder or SmartMix bottle may be empty or the valve may be blocked internally.) Use a soft-bristled brush and hot tap water to clear any debris. Replace autoload assembly or cap/insert if necessary.
Check if the small rounded window tabs on the top edge of the Floor Nozzle are locked in their mating slots on the base of the machine, and not inadvertently lifting the tank up out of place.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for all that - I was expecting an email when a reply was posted so didn't realise you had asked how old it was (which I can't remember, incidentally, I probably bought it at the beginning of this century, although it hasn't had much use).

In the meantime I wondered if it might work on the 'heavy soil' setting - it did - and is now behaving itself on 'normal'. These things are sent to try us.

Thanks again, Alison

You are very welcome. Glad to hear it's working.