Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi. My TZA 6016 FF freezer has stopped freezing yesterday.

Customer Question

Hi. My TZA 6016 FF freezer has stopped freezing yesterday. It went from -18 deg. to -4 deg, but during the night it went down to -8 deg. It is currently at -5, deg with the red light flashing. What should I do? regards Doug
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

What you can try on this first is a full defrost. Empty the appliance and turn it off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open.

As what can happen on these upright Beko freezes is the evaporator blocks up with ice and stops the air flow around the appliance and this is when the temp starts to drop.

So a defrost will melt the ice buid up from the evaporator and when you start it again will allow the air to circulate. Fingers crossed this is just a one off and it will be fine but if it happens again after a few weeks then its possibley the a fault on the defrost side. Either a faulty defrost heater or thermal cut out.

To access the heater you need to remove all the baskets inside the freezer and drop the evaporator housing at the top and you can access it all from there.

But try the defrost first as usually this sorts it out.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have now switched the freezer back on. Showed 16deg 1hr ago. Put it on fast freeze but it still only reads 13deg. How long should it take to get to proper working temperature?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

It normally takes a few hours.

Hows it going at the moment?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has now gone down to 1deg. still on fast freeze

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Ok can you hear the fan inside the freezer running?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. It is now down to -3deg.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok to be honest i would have thought this should be to down to -18 by now.

How long did you turn the freezer off or did you remove the evaporator panel at the top of the freezer.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Freezer off for about 20hrs. Still only down to -4deg this morning with the fast freeze on.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok is it still not at the correct temperture yet?

If you feel the compressor at the back at the bottom is it hot to touch?