Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I am replacing the bearings on my IQ100. I have 3 queries; 1-the

I am replacing the bearings on my IQ100. I have 3 queries;
1-the new bearing kit includes a tube of lubricant. Do I need this and if so how do I use it on what I presume are permanently sealed bearings?
2-I have removed the top weight but the L and R seem to be permanently attached do I continue with these attached?
3-I have removed the two bolts holding the motor, but I cannot move it. Whats my next move?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

IQ100 is just a range. Can yo post the model number please it will be on a sticker on the inside of the door and will start E-nr

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel

Sorry for the delay-my broadband connection is acting up.

The model No is E-Nr.WM12 P160GB/01 FD 9009 200316

Noel

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok got it thanks.

But just not sure what you mean by the L and R are attched do you mean the bolts which the weight goes through?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

L and R refer to the Left and Right weights attached to the front of the drum assembly.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok im with you now. No you dont need to remove these as when you remove the front drum just be carefull with it but you dont need to remove the weigths.

As to the grease this is for the bearing seal. When you fit the bearings you will then fit a new seal. You just grease this up as if you dont when the drum is fitted it will squeek as it turns so just grease that seal up.

And as to the motor if the 2 bolts are remove you need to use a rubber mallet or something like this and hit the motor from the back to knock it off the lugs on the drum. Sometimes it can be a bit tight so just give it a few knocks and it will come off the drum.