Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Bosch dishwasher won't start. The display keeps flashing

Customer Question

My Bosch dishwasher won't start. The display keeps flashing and when I press intensive or any other button I get CL on the display. Can you help please.
Libby
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi Sorry to hear that it sounds as if you have locked it by accident. Please try this, if that works for your model please rate kindly, if not though please simply reply to me for different instructions:-)

Instructions

• 1

Wait for the current wash cycle to finish and allow the Bosch dishwasher to return to standby mode.

• 2

Find the control lock button on the control panel; the location varies between models. Look for a padlock or key icon printed near the button.

• 3

Hold down the lock button for roughly four seconds until "CL" disappears off the display. The lock is now turned off. Hold the button again to reactivate the lock.

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I unlock it?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hold down the lock button for roughly four seconds until "CL" disappears off the display.
Please let me know if that works for your model.
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Libby, did that procedure work for you?
Please rate kindly if so, if not please simply reply to me for further information;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I seem to have got rid of the CL now the display just flashes and the machine won't start.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not received a reply to may last comment: I seem to have got rid of the CL now the display just flashes and the machine won't start.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Libby, the CL refers to the child safety lock.
To disable that and make the machine work usually you hold down the start button. until it goes away, usually a few seconds.
Please try that and let me know what happens.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have received email saying you have replied to my last comment but there is now message. At the top of the screen it says you are wiating for me? Are you waiting for more money?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Libby I don't get any credit for my time unless you rate my service as ok or better:-)
Im here if that didn't work?
The site can be screwy lol;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I need further assistance. The problem hasn't been resolved yet. I can't give a positive appraisal when you haven't completed the task.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I agree Libby,
May I have the full model #?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bosch ActiveWaterSMS40A08GB
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bosch ActiveWater SMS40A08GB
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that.
Here are the instructions.
Please read carefully.
Instructions
1
2
3
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have done all that and it still isn't working - keeps flashing but won't start.when I press the start button

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Libby, that means the main control board has failed and need to be replaced. Its easy enough that anyone can do with only a few basic hand tools.
Dont worry I will assist you if you need me.
The best place to get that circuit board, and its all plug and play (no soldering).
Is Espares.
I have listed all their contact information below for you,its best to call them for this, with the model # ***** your dishwasher for fast service.
Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Libby please contact Espares for the part.
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Please try unplugging the machine from the mains socket for 30 seconds to see if that will reset the pcb
Hello Libby, please re-press the key button again for 4 secs until the lock comes on again, then do the same again until the lock goes out again... You should be then able to restart your dishwasher