Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My built in Neff oven has what looks like error msg -5-. Can't

My built in Neff oven has what looks like error msg -5-. Can't do anything in the meantime. Any suggestions?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
May we have the model #?
Also how old is your oven?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It doesn't say on the outside but there is a plate inside with E-Nr, B1691N2GB and also FD 8407. I hope that helps. I bought it second hand 3 years ago so it must be at least 5 or 6 years old.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Heather thats exactly what I needed ;-)
Please try this, if it works for your model please rate kindly, if not please don't rate yet but simply reply to me for further information.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

?? You said please try this but didn't actually say what I should try!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Im sorry Heather it didn't take here are the instructions.
ts not an error. The -5- indicates that the oven is "children protected".
- Put the left ON/OFF switch into its OFF position (the left switch)
- Turn it quickly 3 times: one click to the left and then one click back to right again [light position, Off position]
=> The message disappears.
If you do this again, the protection is switched on again.
Thank you Heather, please let me know how this works for you, if it does work for your model please rate kindly, if not, please hold off on rating and reply to me for further information.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry Michael but this oven only has a central dial which sets the temperature and separate buttons to choose fan, grill, etc on the left and timer/clock buttons on the right. I think I may have pressed the one that looks like a loaf of bread in the oven (for proving maybe) by mistake last time I used the oven.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi thanks Heather, is your a gas model?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No its electric.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Heather.
They have both modes same #'s.
Try this:
To deactivate - turn the left hand dial that selects the mode of cooking - three times to the left and back (turn it from 12 oclock to 11 oclock and back) in quick succession.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I already said there is no left hand dial that selects the mode of cooking. They are separate buttons and pressing any of them any number of times makes no difference at all. The only dial sets the temperature and turning this does nothing either. Do you have any other suggestions or do I give up?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sorry heather, I researched this in depth for you, the issue with that one is there is no child safety.
What is wrong is the main control board is failing and needs to be replaced, its easy to do and I will help you do this.
It only requires a few basic hand tools to do this, (no soldering all plug and play!)
Simple task.
The best place to get that is Espares, for cost and reliability.
I have included all their contact info for you below, and its best to call them to make sure you get the correct part, they also ship overnight in most cases.
Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Heather and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
Using the selector, switch left right, left right, left right; this must be done in quick succession between OFF and LIGHT, this will turn off the child lock