Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

we are noticing small holes now in some garments after a wash

Customer Question

we are noticing small holes now in some garments after a wash in our bosch washing machine. can you advise?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
May I have the model #? Also the age of your washer, and detergent you are using?
And anything else the machine does abnormally, any strange sounds etc.
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

morning michael, i can't see round the back of the unit as its installed in a unit. no model no. on the front! i have the manual in my hand and can't see a model there either!! its a bosch washer drier, no idea how old as i've only been here 2 years, apartment is 9 years old, could have been there since then for all i know. when on high spin, i do sometimes hear a metallic tingling sound but there is nothing obvious in the drum. detergent is Ariel, i am in uk

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Rog, open the door of the washer look all around in there, the model # ***** be there somewhere lol.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i can see a type on a metal label inside the door- 22052.

Can get serial no. too if helps, but an eye test!!

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
LOl I know my eyes are bad these days too !
Ok when the unit runs, please explain the sounds it makes that may be un normal?
Also what are you using as a detergent?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not heard it for a while as been away. can put a load on later today some time..its a sort of hi pitch tinny rattle...i thought maybe a safety pin in there or a sewing needle, something like that but cannot find anything?

detergent is - usual from tesco...ARIEL or SURF or DAZ... best deal wins ha ha!!

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Roger, sometimes and you would be amazed at the things I find inside behind the drum lol.
LOl on the cheapest stuff, thats why I like to shop without my wife he lol!
Thats all fine.
I dont think its the sound or the problem, maybe its time for new clothes lol!!!!;-)
Ok, run it for me when you can and let me know how each cycle sounds. That will help a lot. Any banging also?
SInce this will take a bit of time Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you and have a wonderful day! We can stick together.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Michael,

I put on a load this afternoon, it really only kicks in when on high spin. Its hard to describe the noise and nothing to be seen inside the drum. No banging sounds. Any thoughts are welcome, hard to fathom for me? thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Check inside all around the drum for some sort of pin or bristle that may be stuck in one of the drain holes, that would damage the clothing.
Let me know, use a good light source while looking.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi michael,

i looked in with a torch, can't see anything. Is it possible that something outside the drum is being pulled towards it with the fast spin and sometimes finds its way to come though one of the holes?

Also, I don't see anywhere on the front to pull out a dust filter, is it too old a model? Or maybe on the side or rear that I can't access? thanks and sorry this is dragging on......

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi its ok it can drag on til we figure out the issue;-)
Try some new clothes and let me know what you find., also please explain the holes a bit more in detail, are they tiny or large etc, does it look like the clothes are torn at all?
Tech Michael