Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Hello there. The clock on my central heating programmer

Hello there.
The clock on my central heating programmer stopped working so I ordered a like for like replacement. It's a Siemens Landis & Staefa RWB2E. The electrician fitted the new programmer but it still doesn't work. He came back & checked the wiring etc. but it still doesn't work. He's suggested I buy another & return the other as faulty. I'm not convinced & would appreciate your advice.
Regards, Jan.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi .so , just to clarify. The timer clock does not work , and your heating and hot water dosnt work either?

Plumberpro :

Was he a professional electrician?

Customer: I can put the heating and hot water on manually. It's the clock that just doesn't work. He's a qualified electrician.
Plumberpro :

To be honest its a tricky situation because you need your hot water and heating asap. If you bought it locally , you could return it , get the replacement . the chances of another one being a lemon would be zero and would confirm it was a faulty clock. But if money was no issue get another electrician or preferably a boiler and heating engineer to check it, because electricians don't really understand heating controls and how they are wired .