George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My LG F1222TD front load direct drive washing machine is showing

Customer Question

My LG F1222TD front load direct drive washing machine is showing an "IE " error message It is also leaking from the bottom of the drum especially when I tilt it backwards. I have checked the water inlet and it looks OK to me. Is there anything else I can check?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you with answers to your problem.

George-Allsorts :

The error IE indicates that you have a water inlet problem.. Check the water inlet to the machine and let me know if you are getting water into the machine

Customer:

Ok I'll try it again.

George-Allsorts :

Let me know what you find

Customer:

Water inlet working fine. However as fast as the water goes in, it leaks out of the bottom of the drum. I've switched it off now as my kitchen floor is flooded with water.

George-Allsorts :

I'm sorry to hear that... Although the initial problem is answered I can carry on and try help you further with your new problem if you wish

Customer:

Have you any idea what the problem might be?

George-Allsorts :

It could be one of many things, I will need you to tell me some things

George-Allsorts :

First, is the water coming from the front or the rear of the machine?

Customer:

From the rear at the bottom of the drum. When the water is connected and the machine is running it just pours out. When I switched it off, it continued to leak and then after a short time only if I tilted the machine backwards.

George-Allsorts :

OK... Before we carry on.. can you rate my help to you so far so that we can close down the original issue

George-Allsorts :

Then we can come to this new issue without hinderance

Ok, is the machine pulled out?
Unplug the appliance from the wall.. Take off the panel at the rear of the machine and let me know if the drainhose and the sump hose going to the pump are still attached