Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Samsung Le 32D400 cut out completely last night and I cannot

My Samsung Le 32D400 cut out completely last night and I cannot get any signal at all the TV is dead apart from a small red warning light which is flashing by the manual controls.The set cannot be activated manually or by remote control. the mains lead is in order as I have tested it on another appliance. Your advice would be much appreciated.
John Andrews
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael I will be helping you today. Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details. We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you. Ho old is your TV? Does the red light seem to flash with a pattern to it? Also did it cut out while watching it?Thank you for your patience! Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The TV is under 3 Years old And it cut out while I was watching . The red light is flashing pulse like.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Are you sure there is no pattern to the blinking?
Like 7 blinks, then a tiny pause etc?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The blinking is constant at the same level without pauses.

Hope thi helps

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks so much for your patience.
When you press the power button the TV itself do you get any reaction, even a click?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No apart from the flashing light everything is dead

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you John,
Do you have any electronic experience? This will need to be tested and some sophisticated test equipment is needed to determine the exact failed component. This I think is an issue in the power supply and you could replace that entire board if you like, there is no soldering involved. If you want to go that route, I will help you locate a supply or you may be able to find one on Ebay. i will help you with the replacement. Please let me know what you would like to do. The TV definitely needs service thats is for sure.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael due to the low cost of new Televisions these days is it really worth repairing ?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi John, well, its fixable but if you want and even I as a Tech would simply replace the set myself;-)
I agree with you there.
Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you John and have a wonderful Sunday, I will still be here to answer anything else about this at no additional cost.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Michael for your help it is most appreciated I will now look for a new set.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
You are more than welcome!
Have a great day and please rate kindly!
Thank you John.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.