Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Beko DL1243APW Dish Washer. On any programme but I

I have a Beko DL1243APW Dish Washer. On any programme but I have it on programme 3 it will run for 30-45 seconds and then stop. After some minutes it tries again and runs for the same period and stops.
The water is entering the machine, there is water in the bottom when I open it when it stops. However, it seems not top be the normal high pressure flow from the sound.
The ON/OFF Led is green and the Wash LED is Green. Salt level is OK.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Once its filled with water do you hear the wash motor kick in?
If not do you hear a humming noise comming from the bottom?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, after filling I hear the beginning of the wash but also a humming which lasts for around 8 seconds before the machine stops.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok what you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and lay it on its back and remove the bottom base cover.

From there you will see the wash motor.
Remove the hose on there and just check theres nothing stuck in there causing it to jam up.
If thats clear then bolted to the motor is a capacitor. This gives the motor a boost to get going. You can try and replace this and see if it gets it washing again.

But if not and its possibley a faulty wash motor here. Now these do fail quite often on these Bekos as ive replaced quite a few in the past.

So check them out and see what you find.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have taken the base off and can see the motor. Which hose should I remove. The easily accessible one on the end appears to go to the drainage point.

The compression rings just un-compress and pull the hose off? Do they reseal satisfactorily or need some additional help to seal?

The cap is 4uF, is this normally a standard part from most electrical outlets or a special from Beko spares?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Its usually the black hose at the front of the motor you remove and you dont need to use any sealent when putting it back and the spring clip will hold it on and stop it from leaking.

And as to the cap yes you can nromally get these from a spares shop.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have removed the hose and no blockage the impellor on the inlet moves freely. I reassembled and tried again but no change.

I shall order a replacement cap and see what happens. Thanks