George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

when i'm trying to log into my laptop i can't enter my password

when i'm trying to log into my laptop i can't enter my password ***** i've lost my cursor
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you with answers to your problem.

George-Allsorts :

Can I have the make and model of your laptop please.

Customer:

toshiba satellite c50-a-1ck

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me, have you started the laptop into safe mode by pressing F8 at startup?

George-Allsorts :

Are you saying the cursor is not there or are you saying that you can not move it?

George-Allsorts :

There are several things to have you try but I need to know the previous information first

Customer:

I haven't pressed f8 and the cursor is not there

George-Allsorts :

OK... try this

George-Allsorts :

Locate the settings for the synaptics touch pad in [Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager > Mice and other pointing devices] and select driver. Once you access the driver settings, you simply select "roll-back driver". Your laptop will restart and the keypad should work just fine.

George-Allsorts :

Come back to me once you have tried this

George-Allsorts :

you may want to print the task so that you have it in front of you

Customer:

Thanks however as my computer does not have a mcursor how can l access the settings please

George-Allsorts :

If you start in Safe Mode by accessing using F8, this might help.... or, you can use the keyboard to access .. ie.. CTRL + ESC brings up the Start Menu

George-Allsorts :

and then use the arrow keys and the Enter button