George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a s54m45x0gb integrated dishwasher which is tripping

Customer Question

I have a s54m45x0gb integrated dishwasher which is tripping the mains switch off on a wash cycle, but not a rinse cycle. I have followed the video to check the filters and they are clear. What could be causing this?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello [USERNAME], my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with answers to your problem.

Please be patient whilst awaiting responses...

George-Allsorts :

The problem with your dishwasher is likely that it requires a replacement heating element. During the wash, the heating cycle starts and at that point the element is earthing out, causing your consumer unit to trip your electricity supply.

Customer: Roughly how much should a heating element cost and how long should it take labour wise?
Customer: Is it difficult to get to on an integrated model? in my experience, engineers don't seem to like repairing them
George-Allsorts :

Just searching for the correct part information for you

Customer: Thank you
George-Allsorts :

Instantaneous water heater
Substitute 00498623
Packaging unit 1
69.83 GBP
George-Allsorts :

That is on the Neff website

George-Allsorts :

The part should take around 1 hour from start to finish

George-Allsorts :

I wont disagree, I do these jobs but I don't like doing them

Customer: Thank you. Do you think this is the most likely cause of the problem, due to the fact it is not tripping out on the rinse cycle, which is cold water.
George-Allsorts :

I'll virtually guarantee that diagnosis. The reason it does not cut out on the Rinse cycle is that the Rinse cycle does not utilize the heater