Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Stoves oven , installed 1995, EF 720 The clock and timing

Customer Question

Stoves oven , installed 1995, EF 720
The clock and timing mechanism for automatic cooking does not work properly so that the oven itself does not work either.
I follow the procedure for setting the time of day but the clock fails to continue correctly and returns to zero with the A symbol
I probably need an engineer but do not have a telephone contact number
London W11 3NU
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

When you try to rest this, does the A go, but then come back at some time later on?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The 'A' remains but the other time figures become indistinct.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I wish to cancel this whole arrangement

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dorothy

This sounds like the clock unit itself is failing.
This can happen over time and I have seen it happen on this model

This is not something you would be able to undertake yourself and I think an engineer is your best option

I suggest you call Stoves themselves who can carry out this work for you.

I would ask them for an idea of the cost of replacing the clock as it is now 19 years old.

They can be contacted on

If you need more help, please just ask me.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my responses so far? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you , I simply wanted one off advice and NOT a monthly commitment . I will be telling my account holder not to pay for any more monthly demands

I phoned the Stoves number which you gave me only to learn that they no longer make the timing mechanism and therefore I need to buy a new stove!

Thank you for your prompt reply.

The site does not provide for cancellations, a major defect which needs attention.

Please ensure that no more demands are made on my account.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dorothy

There is no recurring billing for you.
You set this up as a one off payment only

I will send it in for you to be doubly sure.

I wondered if the clock wasnt available any more which is why I suggested you ask first

Please dont forget to rate me. This is a rating about me only, not any issues about the site or the stove. I will then send this in to make sure there is no subscription

Rob