George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Hello, we have an old Siemens fridge freezer but is still

Customer Question

we have an old Siemens fridge freezer but is still going strong so we are loathe to upgrade to a newer model. A problem has occurred whereby the freezer ices up every so often and we have to clear the ice that forms in the bottom of the freezer. Are you able to provide an answer and hopefully a solution to the problem.
Many thanks,
Roy Spreadborough
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with answers to your problem.

Please be patient whilst awaiting answers.. I will return.

George-Allsorts :

Can I possibly have the model number please... sometimes known as Enr. Also, can I have the FD. This will be on the same rating plate of the machine.. They are usually on a label on the inside of the appliance.

Customer:

Hello George,

Customer:

Thanks for getting back to me. Numbers are as follows:- ENR = KG40U20GB/01; FD 7909 151059 ; EN 8561 ; Type KGU40

Customer:

Purchased in 1999!!

Customer:

Many thanks, Roy

Hi Roy,

You may have a defrost heater issue, but I would like you to try this first.

I would like you to remove all the trays from the freezer and look at the back for a drain hole.. please prod the drain hole with a piece of wire or something similar to remove any debris blocking the tube behind the hole.

Once this is done, clear any Ice/water from the freezer and replace the drawers...

Try that and come back to me in a few days to update me with your progress.

regards
George
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK George, will do when convenient and get back to you.

Many thanks & regards, Roy

Ok Roy, chat soon