Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Miele refrigerator. The top shelves of the refrigerator

I have a Miele refrigerator. The top shelves of the refrigerator don't feel very cold (e.g. Milk sours when placed on the top shelf, but is fine on the bottom shelf). At the bottom of the refrigerator, food freezes in the drawers and sometimes ice forms on the back wall of the unit. Is it possible there is something wrong with the fan so that the air is not circulating properly? I have tried rearranging the food on the shelves with no success.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
K 9457 iD
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks for that. If you feel the back wall inside the fridge does the top part of it feel cold?
Also if you press on it does it feel spongy?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The top part of the back wall is not cold. The back wall definitely feels colder the further down you go. I don't notice any sponginess - the back wall is rigid plastic.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if the top part isnt cold but the bottom is then its a system fault im afraid. As the compressor should pump the gas fully up the back wall so you get an even layer of ice on the back wall so it can chill correctly.

When this happens its either a blockage in the system or a poor pumping compressor. For either of these you will need to get a fridge engineer in as they will need to put there gauges on the pipe work at the back and see what pressures are in there. Im afraid this part isnt a diy fix sorry.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.