Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Washer-Dryer WJS1397W : cannot open loading door after door

Washer-Dryer WJS1397W : cannot open loading door after door light is out. Plastic latch is broken. How can I open the door without too much damage ????? Best Jost
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the top.

From there you need to look down the front of the washer on the rigth hand side.
There you will see the door lock. Poking through the lock on the left hand side is the door pin.

You need to reach down there and push this pin to the left and at the same time pull the door handle and this will allow you open the door.

Then once you get the door open you an then replace the door handle from there .

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel, looks good. I'll check and try later today. Thanks so far. Best Jost

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

No worries pal.

If you get stuck just get back to me.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel, I removed the top. Space to reach down is limiting. I have an ultra long screw driver, long enough to reach the lock and - hopefully - be able to move the lock pin. However, I do not see any pin. Do you have an image of the lock ?? Regards Jost

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

You may not see it poking through the lock but it will be there.
Just feel the lock on the left hand side and you will feel it.

Click here to see what the door lock looks like.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel, with your expert advice, the door is open. The plastic latch of the door is broken and needs to be replaced. Could you help me with the corresponding part number ?? Then I could order online. Thank you.

Jost

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Is it the handle thats broken?
With the door open pull the handle and see if the metal pin moves.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again, the plastic handle is definitely broken. Consequently, the metal locking pin does not move. I am in need of a replacement handle. Thanks again, Daniel Best Jost

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok there 2 versions of this model. If you open the door and look on the sticker on the inside you will see a product number (pnc) it will start with a 9.

Look at the end of it and there should be 2 digits there either 00 or 01 which one do you have?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again, I do have the 00 version. Best Jost

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok the part is listed as obsolete now but theres quite a few on Ebay so click the link below and it will take you to it.

Click here.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good afternoon Daniel,

problem solved to satisfaction.

GREAT SERVICE !! Very good indeed.

Thanks and best wishes

Jost

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jost

Your very welcome. Glad i was able to help you on this.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

nice to know :

how many thousands of "Please rate my service" are you shelling out per contract ???

A real curse !!

Best

Jost