Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an AEG Microwave - MCD3880EM- display is on but won't

I have an AEG Microwave - MCD3880EM- display is on but won't come on when I press start button. I have deactivated SAFE lock but not making any difference.
Now displaying LANP?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If you open and door and then go to close it listen very carefully on both sides as the door closes at the top and see if you can hear a clicking noise.

Check both sides and let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

can hear it click on both sides

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if it is clicking then what you need to do is pull the appliance out but becarefull as its very heavy.

Then remove the top of the applaince. Then look at the back of the control board which you will see on the front. There you will see a wiring block in the middle. Disconnect the wiring block and inspect it. See if theres any burning on there. As these blocks burn for the fun of it as its the pins in there which give a poor connections and causes it to burn.

If it has then im afraid you need to replace the main control board and the wiring harness in there.

Ive replaced loads of wiring harness and control board for this kind of fault as they do like to burn out for the fun of it.

Sorry its not good news but if you need anymore info just get back to me.