George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a ceiling fan in my conservatory. It was supplied by

Customer Question

I have a ceiling fan in my conservatory. It was supplied by the conservatory company about 8 years ago. The handbook supplied shows it was supplied by ASTRA. However the fan was manufactured by Westinghouse. The astra part number appears to be D&C 72124-78560.
The problem is that the remote control does not work, but I can switch the fan and the lights on using the manual pull controls. I have changed the battery in the remote and the red LED lights up when I press one of the buttons. I have checked the fuse in the fan sensor and that is OK. I have tried to locate the remote on line but the type I have does not appear to exist. Can you tell me where I can get a replacement control unit or can you offer asiggestion to what is wrong? many thanks
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with answers to your problem.

Please be patient whilst awaiting answers.. I will return.

George-Allsorts :

Can you post a picture of the remote control please?

Customer:

I don't know how to do that.

George-Allsorts :

Ok.. Im going to send you some links to the place you should look at the remotes... The last link will be who to contact if your remote is not one of them

George-Allsorts :

77874

Customer:

THe remote Is Model UC7130T

George-Allsorts :

77840

Customer:

no

George-Allsorts :

77870

Customer:

no

George-Allsorts :

one moment please

George-Allsorts :

can you describe the remote to me please

Customer:

It is approx 4" x 1 and 1/2". It is white. 3 buttons on the left in the upper part are 0 SLP and a bulb symbol. On the right the 3 buttons are 1 2 3. The buttons are aligned vertically. The ones on the left are for the lights and the ones on the right are fan speeds. There is a small led light in the centre .It is red and glows when a button is pressed

Customer:

The model is UC7130T

George-Allsorts :

OK thanks... One moment please

George-Allsorts :

The remote control I think you are looking for is UC7130T

George-Allsorts :

Sorry, that should read UC7130IR

Customer:

Yes I have already confirmed that. But where can I get one. I have tried on line and failed

George-Allsorts :

If you follow this link for Westinghouse Customer Services and ask if they have the remote UC7130IR or a remote that replaces it.

Customer:

Many thanks. I presume you believe that the problem is with the remote and not something else?

George-Allsorts :

This is the contact details that I have for the last company known to have that remote contral available in the UK

George-Allsorts :
Staverton Electrical Supplies Ltd

Vulcan 1, Meteor Business Park

Cheltenham Road East

Gloucester

Gloucestershire

GL2 9QL

United Kingdom

George-Allsorts :

I would however go to a TV Repair shop who, usually free of charge, whould be able to test the remote is sending its signal for you... The problem alternatively will be the receiver in the base unit of the fan.

Customer:

THanks for your help. Goodbye

Experience: A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair