Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi. I have a Teka HL870 electric oven and there appears to

Hi. I have a Teka HL870 electric oven and there appears to be no power going into it. The hob is wired into the same point and this is working fine. Cooker is a year old
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok so as the hob is working then the power supply to it is fine.

What you need to do is pull the oven out and remove the back panel.
From there you will see the mains connection block were the power cable goes to. Check this and see if it has burnt out as sometimes they can burn and it cuts the power out.

If it has then the mains connection box will need to be replaced and that should sort it.

But if thats ok then locate the thermal cut out. Its on the back and will have 2 wires going to it. It will be in the wiring going from the mains connection up to the top of the oven. Check this and see if its faulty with a multi meter as if this is faulty it will also cause it to have no power.

Check them out first as for this kind of fault its usually down to one of them.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi. That all sounds great. Drawback is I am a 61 year old widow with no electrical experience or know how to even lift oven out of housing. Think I will have to get a tradesman in. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

No worries. I thought with you asking on here you were going to tackle it yourself.

But if you get someone in to do it hopefully its not going to be an expensive repair for you.