Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hotpoint Aqualtis washing machine large loadsHave another

Hotpoint Aqualtis washing machine large loads
Have another problem with the Hotpoint Aqualtis washing machine for large loads.
At first it kept ending a cycle with all rh dial indicator lights flashing and an "F" with a "5" underneath on the screen. I was unable to unlock the door and could see there was water up to the bottom of the glass. I carried out your previous recommendations of turning off then holding down the childlock button. After a number of tries finally got the door open flooding the floor. Now I have tried re-running the spin and pump out program but nothing happens except the time goes down very slowly from 16 to END. There is just a humming noise to begin with then silence. No indicator lights come on flashing, just the ordinary lights. Before that happened there had been a funny noise as if pump stuck.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok this will more then likely be a blocked pump.

What you need to do is remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom.
There you will see the filter on the right hand side.

You need to slowerly drain the water out from the filter.
Once the water is out you can then fully remove the filter and give this a good clean out. Then look inside the chamber were the filter goes and at the back you will see the impeller X shape. Check theres nothing stuck in there jamming the impeller up.

Once its all clear refit the filter and retry the washer and fingers crossed this will cure the fault and get it up and running again for you.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel T,

Have cleaned out filter and checked fan impeller is turning freely and set it going on spin & pump out. I could hear the impeller going but it never spinned. I then loaded bath towels & sheets, put on Bath & Bed setting at 40 degrees, loaded soap and pressed go. It ran water in and then paused briefly before running a little more water and since time left 1.48 has done nothing. It is now time left 1.18 and still no washing.

Thought I should let you know now as it would appear the main drum is not operating.

Yours,

Chris C. XXXXXXX

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok for this what you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the back. From there check the belt is still in place on the pulley.

If it is then you need to lean the washer backwards against a wall and get someone to hold for you.

Lay down and look under the washer. There you will see the back of the motor.
Have a look and see if theres any carbon brushes there. They will be in black plastic holders either side. If so then remove these and see if they have worn down.

If they have then you need to replace them and see how it goes from there.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel T,

Belt is on fine, had look at back of motor and attach photos. Cannot see any black plastic holders either side of motor, only some red leads into a white connector that appears to be held in my the domed disk at end of motor shaft. Do not appear to be able to attach photos so sending you email with them attached to it.

Yours

Chris C. XXXXXXXX

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok if you dont see the brushes then its going to be an inverter motor which is brushless.

Are you getting any other error codes comming coming like F1 or F2?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel T,

The Bed & Bath program is continuing its count down after taking it off pause but still no action, the clock is now down to 0.24. Nothing seems to have happened and there is no sign of water level on door panel. The only lettering on front screen is the usual Bed & Bath program info with temperature, spin speed and time left now 20 mins. No error messages.

Yours,

Chris C. XXXXXXXX

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok if the drum isnt turning then its either down to the motor, wiring or the main control board.

Remove the back panel and there you will see the wiring going from the motor to the board. Check this for any lose or broken wires.

If thats fine then you need to test the motor with a multi meter. Do you have one?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Will have to come back to it on the night shift as I need to check and feed my livestock etc on the farm.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Ok no worries
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel T,

The Bed & Bath program seemed to stick with time to go as 1. Have now stopped opened the machine's door and find no water has gone in. Have checked supply and find plenty of water available at usual oressure andinlet filter is clear. Would that cause the drum to not revolve? Seems odd the program still counted down on time but stopped at 1. There was no fault listed at the end. It would appear to be a problem on the controls so have not bothered to check motor supply yet with multi meter.

Yours,

Chris C. XXXXXXXX

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok so if this isnt filing or washing then its a fault on the control board at the back.

Sorry i didnt realise it wasnt filling. I thought it was just not spinning.

What ive found on these is sometimes you get a blockage but when you clear it the control board doesnt reset the error code so it freezes and doesnt allow the washer to start and fill with water.

In this case it needs the control board reprograming or replacing. Now this is a job for Hotpoint im afraid as this is all done on there laptops as thats how they program them. As he controls boards are all sold blank so even new boards need to be programmed.

Im sorry but this is looking like a fault with the electronic control board at the back at the bottom.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I assumed it had filled a bit as there was a sound of clicks and what I thought was water. It was only after stopping program and opening door I found no water! Will contact an Hotpoint engineer, many thanks.