Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Hotpoint Acquarius WDD740 washer/dryer. It has stopped

I have a Hotpoint Acquarius WDD740 washer/dryer. It has stopped mid cycle. There is no lights howing on the control panel. I removed the top and power is getting into the machine. The pump is OK and I have removed the water. Any suggestions what to look at would be appreciated.
Regards,
***** *****
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If theres no power on the display but power is fine to the washer then its usually either down to the mains filter or the control board at the back at the bottom.

With the top off you will see the mains filter at the back. It will have the power cable going to it. Just check this hasnt burnt out as they do like to burn on there.

If thats fine then remove the back panel and there on the left hand side you will see the power board. Remove this and open the plastic casing and remove the board. Inspect it and see if theres any signs or burning on there. If so then it needs to be replaced and reprogrammed to cure this.

So check them out and see what you find but for this fault it is usually down to the main control board at the back.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.