George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

My question is about connecting a replacement main oven thermostat

My question is about connecting a replacement main oven thermostat for a Hotpoint BD52P ( bought 2006.) The original thermostat has a cable which seems to come from the main power source attached to a double connection marked H and G, the other wire seems to connect from the main oven selector switch and is attached to a connection marked F.
The replacement is a DiamondH ET50000/J5. It has a small side connection marked A and two double connectors, one marked B and the other C.
Can you tell me which connectors to use and which cable goes to which.
Many thanks, David
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with answers to your problem.

Please be patient whilst awaiting answers.. I will return.

George-Allsorts :

Can you give me the serial number and factory code for your cooker please

Customer:

Hello George, sorry the sticker inside the main oven door is illegible - the lettering has been scrubbed off during cleaning. Right now I have put the oven back into the casing but I don't remember seeing the serial number written anywhere else. Would you expect another label anywhere ?

George-Allsorts :

No, The label is normally inside the ovewn door at the bottom

George-Allsorts :

Is it possible you can post an image of the rear of each of the thermostats?

George-Allsorts :

OK, Looking at the wiring diagram, the two double are live and neutral and the small side connector is earth

George-Allsorts :

If you are looking at the new thermostat the small side connector should be marked with an Earth marking... For the sake of identification we will call this one A as this is what you have indicated above

George-Allsorts :

You say there were two wire connected to the other thermostat...

George-Allsorts :

Place cable from the main power to the B and the cable from Selector Switch to C

George-Allsorts :

That should sort your issue for you David

Customer:

George - thanks for that. I've connected it up and works fine. Many thanks for working it out for me, David