Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi there, I have a Beko WMB71642W washing machine. The main

Hi there,
I have a Beko WMB71642W washing machine.
The main RCD cuts out for the whole of the house and no MCB is tripping.
I turned the selector to spin and drain and left the door open.
I energised the on/off push-button. The display came up somewhat ok.
I shut the door and the RCD tripped straight out again.
I have ordered a door switch (interlock) just incase somebody has been forcing it!
If anybody has the schematic / logic diagnostic /flowchart for this machine could they inform me of the following
After the interlock on the door switch has been energised does the power feed go straight to the logic card/brain/processor or is there another peripheral gadget in the circuit it checks before the elecrtrical feed goes to the processor to start the machine?
Also, how do you bring up the fault codes on the machine?
Roger
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

On this once the door lock is energised the feed goes back up to the control board.

But if its tripping out the RCD then its usually either the motor itself or the heater. If you have an insulation meter you can megger it and see what reading you get.

If you dont then look on the back at the bottom you will see the motor. Disconnect the wiring block on this as it will just pull out.
Then try and start the cycle as you would and close the door and see if it starts without tripping. If it does then its the motor thats casuing it. To be honest most of the time for this fault it is th motor.

As to the reading you got for the heater thats correct. Its usually between 26 and 29 Ohms for a wash heater.

As to getting the error code then turn the dial to 12 oclock position
Turn the washer off
Press and hold the start button and turn the washer on.
Keep the start button held in and after a few seconds the error code will come up E??

Then just turn it off to exit it.

Try the above and see what you find and let me know.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

E02 is the what i am getting.

What does this mean?

Roger

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

E02 is a heating error problem

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi again,

Power went off again! computer as well!

If there were more than one error codes to be shown would they all be shown at once or do you have to do somethingelse to show them all?

Rog

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Im afraid these only store the one error code at a time and it will only show it the once. If you try it again now it more then likely wont show it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again,

I have taken the heater element leads and the thermostat leads off.

Success, the machine works as it would normally.

I will be purchasing another unit but what about the thermostat?

Do these come separately?

Is there anythingelse which I may be missing or over-looking?

Rog

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Glad to hear you found the fault.
The NTC sensor on the heater comes complete with the new heater so just fit it as a complete heater and themostat.

Has the washer been noisy before it packed in?
If you open the door and hold the metal drum at the front at the bottom can you lift it up and down?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi

No, the bearing seems to be OK!

What does NTC stand for.(Acronyms!)

Rog

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again,

Are the fault codes universal throughout the industry or do each manu.

have their own system.

thanks

Roger

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok thats fine its just sometimes the bearings fail and this causes the drum to rub on the heater and cut into it.

But as thats fine its just down to a faulty heater.

NTC is short for Negative Temperture Coefficient

As to the error codes they are all different to the manuafactores. As they each have there own system.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the help last week.

I did put through another question, but somehow it got lost.

It was a simple one ---- I wanted to know whether or not I had to clear the fault code from the file store location to proceed.

I found that out myself ---the machine worked OK!

Thanks once again for your help.

Roger