Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an Electrolux Insight cooker Model EKT6045. The hob

I have an Electrolux Insight cooker Model EKT6045. The hob will not work it just flashes four red 0 for about a second when I try to turn it on. I have read the manual and tryed turning of the Child safty lock thinking it might be that even though I have never used it as we have know small children but no L or Safe appeared anywhere. The oven and grill are working fine. Please help
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok it wont be the child lock causing this fault.

What you need to do is turn the power off.
open the top oven door.
Then look on the under side of the hob at the front and you will see 4 torx screw (star shapped).
Remove these screws then pull the oven out a little and then you can lift the hob up at the front as its hinged at the back.

From there you will see the control boards. The hob borad is on the left so make sure this is fully cliped into place as ive had these fallen down in the past.
If its fine then disconnect the wiring block and refit it a few times as this tightens the connections on the wiring.

Then refit it all and retry it and see what happens.
Fingers crossed this may sort it. But if not then its going to be a faulty electronic board. Now theres 3 bords that control the hob. You have the one that you touch at the front. One at the back on the top and the main power board at the back.
Now its more then likely the front touch board at fault which will need to be replaced. But there is a change it could be the hob control board at the back on the top. But you wont know untill you replace it im afraid.

Thats the thing with these ovens. Its just full of control boards in there. But try the above first and see how it goes but if still the same then i think its more then likely the front touch board at fault here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.