Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an integral AEG fridge/freezer SCT51800S0. It is 3

I have an integral AEG fridge/freezer SCT51800S0. It is 3 years old, no problems until today. There appears to be no power, the pilot light does not light. Power cable, fuse and plug all checked ok. Is there an internal fuse?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

If theres no power there but the power supply is good then its more then likely the control board at fault here.

There are no internal fuses in there im afraid. To access the control board open both doors and you will see the plastic control panel were the controls are.
Prise the end caps off both sides and remove the screws in there.
Then you can pull the panel forward and you can access the board from there.

Check that and see if theres any signs or burning on there. If so then the board will need to be replaced. But if theres no power and the supply is good going to the appliance then its usually the control board at fault here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The only panel to view is the one with 'Frostmatic' printed on it on the panel between the fridge and freezer. This also has the temp control dial and fast freeze buttons. I don't want to prise this off if this is not the panel you mean - it does't appear to have any slots to slip a blade into.

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Thats it if you look at the end panel you will notice there end caps. Look at the door hinge side and you will be able to tell better.

Just prise this out and you will see the screws holding the panel itself on.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Managed to unscrew panel. The circuit board isn't showing any signs of burning. Am I able to obtain one of these circuit boards myself?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Yes they are still availble. If you can post the product number please. It will be on a sticker inside the fridge and starts with a 9.
But you need to prefix it with an A otherwise it gets crossed out.

Eg A912345678

As theres 6 versions of this model.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The PNC number is ***** 771 748

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks for that. If you click the link below its the power board for you appliance.

Click here

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thats been a great help. How confident are you that it's the circuit board that's down?

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
If the power supply is good and you have 240v going to it then it has to be the board as this is what basically turns the appliance on and controls every thing.

One this you can check first to make sure is remove the plastic cover on the left hand side of the compressor and you will see the mains connection. Just check this but to be honest ive never seen these go as its just a connection unit. But if you have a multi meter you can double check you have 230v there and if you have im pretty sure it will be the control board here.