Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hi I bought my Neff T11872 Ceramic hob, demonstrated as working,

I bought my Neff T11872 Ceramic hob, demonstrated as working, from ebay. I then, unwisely, reversed the live and neutral supply, and only the bottom left "ring" now works. My local domestic appliance engineer got the top middle working too, but the top left and the huge bottom right are still dead. I must therefore have damaged some of the electronics.
Neff have quoted me £240.79 for a complete new module, to be fitted by my guy for £40. Given that the hob is an outstanding piece of kit I am almost (not quite) tempted to go ahead. However, do I have a cheaper alternative, or am I throwing good money after bad?
Bill Morgan
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Bill, well, he is correct and so are you. I wish there were a cheaper alternative I really do. They don't put any protection hardware in these so when you accidentally wires it backwards it will cause a lot of damage.
So yes you need to replace that main control, it is easy to do and doesn't take much time at all.
I will be here for you no additional cost in case you have further questions;-)
Have a great day.
Tech Michael