Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The fridge part on my servis fridge freeze has stopped working.

Customer Question

The fridge part on my servis fridge freeze has stopped working. The bottom freezer drawers are working o.k., and the compressor seems to be cutting in and out alright. Also the door light and the compressor work when the door opens and closes alright.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

model no. M7055 6WFF

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks for that.

As this model is frost free then the fridge gets its cooling from the freezer section. The fan in there blows the cold air into the fridge.

As the freezer is ok what you need to do is empty the freezer and remove the back panel in there.
From there you will see the evaporator. The chances are this will be blocked up with to much ice and stops the air flow.
Use a hairdryer and melt all the ice in there.

Once its clear then retry the applaince and that should get the fridge cold again.

But if you dont want to go removeing panels then you need to empty the applaince and turn it off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open. This will allow the freezer to defrost and cure the fault.

But if after a few weeks it does it again then theres a fault on the defrost side. Either the defrost heater, thermal cut outs or control board are at fault.

But try the defrost first and fingers crossed this should cure it.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The red light on the front keeps coming on now and again, the fridge freezer seems to be working ok, but I can't seem to stop the light coming on and off. It worked ok before.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Has the light been on all time since the defrost?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it comes on at random stays on then goes off. It almost seems as if it is too sensitive and is working on a very small tolerance.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if its working ok but the light keeps comming on and going off then its possibley the control unit. As you say it sounds like its running on a small tolerance so this can only be down to the control unit in the fridge section if the temperture is ok.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I remember when I put the back cover on behind the freezer compartment there was a white tubular thing hanging on some wires, it looked a temperature sensor, could this have been put back in the wrong place?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok its possibley this causing the fault. Remove the panels and double check it and if it has come out clip it back into place and see how it goes from there.