Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

water wont clear after use

water wont clear after use
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

model number

SG145E12GB
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

If you reset the dishwasher and start a new cycle will it drain the water out?
If not is there a slight humming noise comming from the bottom of the appliance?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have reset and started new cycle a number of times, after completely drying out the laying water

not recalled any humming sound though?

on occasion the timer has stuck on the last 1 minute forever ?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok have you checked the drain hose and were it drains out to?

If it goes under a sink then check the spigot it pushes on ton and make sure thats all clear. As sometimes this can block up.

Also take the hose off and restart the dishwasher and when it should be draining give the drain hose a good shake and see if anything comes out from there.

If thats fine then you need to remove the wooden kickboard at the bottom of the kitchen.
Remove the wooden outer door panel.
Then below the door at the bottom of the dishwasher you will see a metal panel. Remove this and then you will see a hose on the left hand side. Make sure you have scooped out the water inside the dishwasher and then pull that hose out. Its just a push fit hose.
Then from there you will see the pump. This is a twist fit pump. You need remove this and make sure its all clear in there.

Then refit the pump and retry the dishwasher and see how it goes from there.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

whilst waiting i re-set and put on a quick cycle

during the cycle i did notice a slight humming before it kicked in

and half way through when changing water, it definately cleared through the waste hose.

Then the cycle stuck on 17 minutes left and a light saying

"check water" came on and the cycle wont move on further

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Ok when its saying check water is it full off water?

And if you reset it and start a new wash does it drain that water out?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes full of water when says check water

have reset and set a new cycle but but now nothing is happening, and water not draining and

check water light is on again

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok its looking like it may be a blocked or faulty pump here.

You need to check as above and see what you find with the pump. If its all clear and its still not draining then its looking like a faulty pump here.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.