Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

hotpoint EW 81G halogen double oven. s/n 86-1-00207 how

hotpoint EW 81G halogen double oven. s/n 86-1-00207
how do i get access to the controls at the top of the oven to secure the dial behind the glass and to clean same?
I have removed all the screws that can be got at but the element - hob top will not lift away to allow access to the controls!!!!!!
Please advise.
Toné
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Have you removed the side panels?

If not then undo the screws at the back of the oven holding the side panels on and bend them out.

Remove there you will see 2 screws either side holding the hob top on. Remove them on both sides.
Then on some models theres a screw on the side of the hob frame towards the front were the hob top meets the control panel. Undo these.
Then there will be a wiring block on the left hand side for the hob, Disconnect this and then you can left the hob top off and remove it from there.

Let me know how it goes.