George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

i have a neff oven e.nr b1451s2gb/01 which the grill element

i have a neff oven e.nr b1451s2gb/01 which the grill element wasnt heating properly. i replaced the dual element but there was still only slight heat from the grill element. the fan oven and the static oven are both cooking properly therefore i have ruled out the thermostat. i ordered a selector switch and fitted it today but i am still getting only slight heat from the grill. help! there is a small control module beside the timer could this be the culprit? this part is very expensive and i dont want to order this part if it dosnt sort it out. does this module have anything to do with the grill? regards deemac55
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try assist you with answers to your problem.

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me: are both parts of the element warming when you use the grill selection?

Customer:

hi george, when i select grill or grill with fan only the inner element comes on. i beleive the outer element is for the oven function.

George-Allsorts :

I will have to check on Monday but, as far as I remember, the outer of the element is for oven use, and the grill utilizes bot elements at once.

George-Allsorts :

I will get a wiring diagram on Monday.. Can you check the wiring on the back of the element and either diagram it or photograph it for me.

Customer:

all i can tell you about the element is that the four terminals at the back of the element are not connected in any way.if you go on to the neff or partmaster or elementman web site you will find a good clear image of the element. regards david

George-Allsorts :

Yes... Thanks for that David. I know the element, I fitted one the other day. As far as I remember, but I do need to confirm it with the wiring diagram, there are 5 wires to the element.

Customer:

i beleive i fitted 4 wires only.(1 to each terminal.) i took a note of the wires and replaced them accordingly.remember this was happening to the old element so i think that rules out the wiring,the original element had a slight split in the inner part of the grill element but was heating slightly .... same as the new element.with the thermostat on full you could touch the element for 5 or 6 seconds.any thoughts on the timer or control module?.never been beaten on any cooker or washing machine in 25 years but unless you can come up with a definitive answer i will have to take my parts out and concede defeat! regards david.

George-Allsorts :

hi david.. hang on untill I can get the wiring diagram when bosch re-open... i am sure there is a fifth wire that goes on to terminal 3 on the element... but the wiring diagram will confirm this.

George-Allsorts :

regards

George-Allsorts :

Hi David.. I have just received the wiring diagram from Bosch... I shall print it out tomorrow to see what wiring goes where on your appliance and come back to you

George-Allsorts :

Hi David, the element does only have the four wires, you were correct... If we marked the terminals to the element as

George-Allsorts :

1 - 2 - 3 - 4

George-Allsorts :

Terminal 1 is classed as top oven element and the wire for that comes from pin 1 on the Oven Switch

George-Allsorts :

Terminal 2 is classed as grill and the wire for that comes from pin 3 of the Oven Switch

George-Allsorts :

Terminal 3, and Terminal 4, are both linked and the wire comes from pin 1 on the Fan

George-Allsorts :

You may have terminal 1 & 2 wires the wrong way round

Customer:

hi george, thanks for the wiring info, i will be checking it out on friday. will get in contact later on that day.regards david

George-Allsorts :

Glad to help in any way I can David... regards

Customer:

hi george, im afraid this is the one that got away! the wiring is as per diagram...i thought it would have been as this was happening to the original grill element. i also tried a fan oven element in it, just to eliminate it from the problem. there is a control module sitting just behind the switches but what does it "control"? it is a very expensive part and i dont want to order one unless i was sure it would do the job. any ideas? customer getting a bit peeved off so i have said i would get another look at it by wednesday so it will either be fixed or scrapped then(bought a couple days there) i would appreciate your thoughts on the matter as i dont want to be left with a grill element and a selector switch that i will probably never use