Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a bean to cup ECAM22.110 and the water will not come

I have a bean to cup ECAM22.110 and the water will not come through the nozzles when the machine is turned on now. I have cleaned it, descaled and followed all the procedure regarding the steam outlet, which the water does come through. This has not resolved the problem. It would appear that there is a blockage somewhere...I have tried the suggestion of using a toothpick to clear the nozzles but with no result. The fixed centre light (water) and the 2 flashing lights either side are on all the time now. I have adjusted the coffee grind to its maximum setting of 7 as per the instructions in the book. I still cannot get any coffee through the nozzles. It is less than 1 year old so it should not be playing up like this all the time...this problem is occurring every week now!
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your coffee maker?
Also, do you descale it on a regular basis?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi there....we bought it in December 2013 just before Christmas. I live in a soft water region so scale build up is not an issue as a rule. However,I did descale the machine last week using the descaling liquid that came with the machine.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kathie,
this isn't your fault, its a failed pump is all.
In this case would recommend calling the manufacturer DeLonghi for repair or replacement. They are usually very good about this and since your coffee maker is so new I think they will fix it free of charge;-)
I will stick with you until this is fixed .
Please don’t forget to rate my service before closing this page,
then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Kathie and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OK thanks for that...but the water still pumps through the cappuccino nozzle....just not through the nozzles for the coffee. Do you still think it is the pump?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kathie, no in this case its a failed valve. but its difficult to fix.
this would best be done by the manufacturer or if your lucky enough to have a local repair shop they can easily don this for you. Its just that specialized tools and experience will be needed.
Thanks Kathie for that additional information;-)
Tech Michael
Please rate kindly, I will still be here for yo no additional cost.
Have a great day!
Tech Michael