George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have an AGA S-Series Six-Four Gas Hob. One of my gas rings

I have an AGA S-Series Six-Four Gas Hob. One of my gas rings will ignite but will not stay alight. what can I do to rectify this?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with answers to your problem.

George-Allsorts :

The problem you have is with a thermocouple... You will need to purchase the correct one for your system

George-Allsorts :

They are relatively easy to change if you are technically minded; alternatively you should get an engineer or a Gas-Safe engineer to replace it

Customer:

Thanks George, do you have diagram of how to replace this on an AGA S-Series Six-Four Gas Hob?

George-Allsorts :

Sorry I don't, but it involves the removal of the cooker hob-top.. You could ask for a diagram/instructions at you local Aga supplier who should have access to all the models

George-Allsorts :

one moment

George-Allsorts :

I had this link to the document you require

Customer:

Thanks George, that great.