Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have plugged in my sky box and DVD player using HDMI cables

Customer Question

I have plugged in my sky box and DVD player using HDMI cables but it just says no signal on the screen.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** Have you changed the source using the Sky Remote?

George-Allsorts :

Press TV then Help.. then Help again and again until you get to the HDMI setting... Then press the right arrow key to enteer HDMI

George-Allsorts :

Also, make sure that the output is registered on the tv settings as HDMI

George-Allsorts :

What model do you have.. Do you have the manuals?

JACUSTOMER-1b88z5kl- :

I have no signal coming from sky box according to the screen, so I can't see anything.

JACUSTOMER-1b88z5kl- :

It is a brand new out of the box LC-42LD266K, I have the manuals.

George-Allsorts :

you can still set the source as above... you are setting the tv not the sky

George-Allsorts :

ok... set the source using the tv remote then

JACUSTOMER-1b88z5kl- :

I have the source set as HDMI 2

George-Allsorts :

Then plug your sky into hdmi2 and switch on

JACUSTOMER-1b88z5kl- :

Plugged in and switched on.

George-Allsorts :

Try the same but use the hdmi 1 setup and switch off the sky box... plug it into the hdmi 1 slot then power up again

George-Allsorts :

Also, depending on the sky box you have, you may need to activate the hdmi ports as an output source before using them

George-Allsorts :

That will be in the sky box settings

JACUSTOMER-1b88z5kl- :

Done the switch, still nothing. It is not just the sky box, the dvd player which is now HDMI 2, has no signal either. I have tried plugging in my iPad use both cables in both HDMI ports and that works fine. So its not the ports and not the cables. The tv just does not get a signal from the sky box or the dvd player.

George-Allsorts :

yes.. if you were using the sky and the dvd on scart previously then you will have to change the RF output of the devices to HDMI rather than scart before the tv can see them if you have them pluggeds into the HDMI ports on the tv

George-Allsorts :

simple test.. plug them in using scart.. if you can see tv then you still have the RF Output set to Scart as oposed to HDMI which is what you need it to be set to

JACUSTOMER-1b88z5kl- :

As I said, this is a brand new tv out of the box this morning. I used HDMI cables when it was plugged into the old tv.

JACUSTOMER-1b88z5kl- :

I see what you are saying, but I haven't ever used a scart cable on the sky box or the dvd. I don't even own a scart cable anymore.

George-Allsorts :

I see your point... Sorry, but I don't have an answer to your problem.. I'll therefore opt out to allow another engineer to try answer your query..

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Expert was unable to solve the problem.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Hi . You have to change the input ob your tv. I can help you with this when you are ready
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, ready when you are.

Hi. . Ita your television remote you need. Look for a source or input button and press it slowly until the picture appears
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I previously explained. When I change the input to HDMI 1, which is connected to the dvd player or HDMI 2 which is the sky box, a screen saver comes up saying 'no signal'.

All I can say is that if your iPad works when you plug it in then the problem must lie with the settings on your sky box and your dvd

with kindest regard
George
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, but how do I change the settings when I get nothing on the screen.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did that when you first said it. The screen comes up no signal when I get to the correct input.

Please read the previous messages.

Check the cables agaibn are in the right connection.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes they are.
Look I a! Going to opt out . I think this question will be better served under a different catterogory of television .all the best