Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi I used self clean on my neff b1422 electric oven today and

Customer Question

Hi I used self clean on my neff b1422 electric oven today and now every time I turn it on it trips the fuse. What should I do please?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if its tripping out when you turn it on its more then likely you have a faulty heater element in there.

What you need to do if you are looking at fixing yourself then you need to pull the oven out and remove the back panel.
There you will see the wires going to the elements.
There will be 3 elements in there, The grill, the fan assist and the lower base element.

What you need to do is one element at a time is disconnect them and then turn the electrics back on and see if it stops tripping out.

Which ever element it stops tripping out on thats the faulty one. So replace the element and that should sort the fault here.

But for what you describe it sounds like its going to be a faulty heater element here. So im afraid untill the faulty part is disconnected it will carry on tripping out. But sometimes once the element has cooled down it can stop tripping but you tend to find when it heats up again it will go to earth and start again.

But if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** an electrician to look at it. Sounds expensive :(
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Your welcome.

Im sure you will get this sorted.