Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an admiral fridge freezer and the freezer is working

I have an admiral fridge freezer and the freezer is working fine but the fridge is not cooling. I am not sure why? Can you help?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If you remove the baskets in the bottom half of the freezer and look on the back wall do you see any ice or frost on there?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes there is a build up of a little bit of ice.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if you can see a bit of ice there then there will be a lot more behind the panel in the freezer which has stopped the airflow into the fridge so this will be why the fridge has gone warm.

What you need to do is either empty the appliance and turn it off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open. This will allow the freezer evaporator to defrost.

Or you need to empty the freezer and from there remove the back panel in the bottom half of the freezer.
From there you will see the evaporator. You need to use a hairdryer and melt all the ice on there.
Then turn it back on and see how it goes from there.

Fingers crossed this will be fine but if it happens again then there is a fault on the defrost side which is more then likely the defrost heater.

So check the above and see how it goes from there. If you need anymore info just get back to me.