Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

water is leaking inside fridgefreezer

Customer Question

water is leaking inside fridgefreezer
Expert:  bryanpaul52 replied 2 years ago.
can you get us the make and model number ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

make is zanussi model zrb2630w

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay it looks like the other expert has opted out.

As to the leak is it in the fridge section or the freezer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
i was asked for more infformation i.e make and model number. i sent this and got no reply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

leak is in freezer section

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i am still waiting for answer to my question leak isin freezer saction

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for the delay the question was relisted so I didn't see it.
If the leak is in the freezer then it will be blocked drainhole. What you need to do is enter the freezer then remove the rear panel. From there you will see the evaporator under this is the drain channel. You need to melt the ice in there. Can you will see the hole.
Pour boiling water in there to melt the ice. Once it's cleared tested by making sure the water drains okay.
Then refit the panels and that's it. This should cure the fault.
But if you don't want to go removing panels then you need to turn it off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open.
Try that and let me know how it goes if you need any more information just get back to me
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am Tech Michael, I am not sure if you are responding to Daniel T.
But I will help as well if you need.
He gave great advice but you can also this may very well be a defrost issue and there are a few parts that will need to be checked and replaced. I usually tell most of my customers, once you are going through the trouble to take it all apart may as well replace the Defrost timer, the heater element and the sensor.
But before you spend money on any of that. You need to defrost the whole thing with the door open for 24 hours.
Then clean up any standing water. Next plug it back in and let me know what happens over the course of a week.
If it doesn't frost up Great no issues.
But if it does this again please let me know and I will direct you on where to get those parts and how to complete this. Sometimes even frost free units will do this depending on outside humidity and temp.
Please let us know if this helps;-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

do i need to remove panel at back .I removed panel at front.Icould see water dripping at back of element Could not see drain hole.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi, did you remove the panel inside the freezer?
Thats where you will see the defrost heater and a small drain pan with a hole for the water to drain down into the lower pan under the fridge. Once that hole is cleared, the unit should no longer leak inside the fridge:-)