Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

hello I would like to turn off the end-of-cycle audible alarm

Customer Question

hello I would like to turn off the end-of-cycle audible alarm on my Bosch Logixx 7 washing machine please?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

WIS24140GB/30

Incidentally the FD number is: ********* /p>

The serial number is: ********* /p>

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Do you have the manual for this as it shows you in there how to turn it off and turn the volume down.

Click here for the manual and then you can do it.

It may be easyer for you to see it that way. But if you cannot work it out or not sure just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am asking you as an expert because the instructions in the Bosch manual do not cause the audible alarm to turn off. have you ever successfully turned off an audible alarm?

If not I suggest you do not have any experience of Bosch LOGIXX7 washing machine and are therefore not an expert.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.
I am an expert thatswhy i have access to the service info. Its sometimes easyer to give the manuals to the customer to see how its done. As you have the manual already but cannot work it out thats fine i can help you with this.

Also its a typo above its ment to say you cannot turn it off but you can turn the volume down. So when it should make the beeps as the volume is turned down you shouldnt be able to hear it.

So can you get it into the service mode so its in the 3 rd position which should be 60 deg cycle. Then press the spin buttons do the lights go down and the volume turn off?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

that is the problem.

Even with only one light showing ( i.e. no volume) the audible alarm is still loud.In fact it does not seem any quieter than with two lights on.

Are you in fact saying that you cannot turn it off?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

I am saying you cannot turn the beeps off but you should be able to turn the volume down and stop them.

I dont know they dont make it were you can turn them off but they dont, You can only turn the volume down which if you are doing the above as the speed lights go down when you are pressing it but the sound is the same then its possibley a faulty board.

Lets try a reset first and then retry it.

Turn the dial to off.
Then turn to 6 oclock position
Press and hold the spin speed button.
Keep hold and turn the dial one click clockwise
Then let go of the spin button after a few seconds.
Then turn the dial to off.

The resets the control unit so try again as per the manual to alter the sound and see if it goes down there and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have run out of time tonight . I will have to try again tomorrow.

thanks anyway.

At least you have given me the correct answer that you cannot turn it off. I do withdraw any suggestion that you are not an expert, as I can see that you are speaking from knowledge.

Bye for now

garth

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

No worries. Try the above when you can and just let me know how it goes.