George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

how can I adjust the temperature on the fridge of my TEKA NF

how can I adjust the temperature on the fridge of my TEKA NF 340 c. It freezes lettuces!
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with answers to your problem.

George-Allsorts :

NF 340 Controls

George-Allsorts :

Hope that helps.. Please remember to rate my service to you..

Customer:

Hi George, Glad someone might be able to help me.

Customer:

Hi George, glad you might be able to help me. The fridge is about 7 or 8 yrs old and I don't know how to adjust the temperature. Never have! It is a Teka NF 340c and at the moment shows the fridge temperature to be 5. I can alter it to 10, but then the figure reverts to 5, which is freezing my lettuce and fruit salad. So too cold. I just want instructions as to how to change the temperatures.

Customer:

Only just open the NF control icon above. My control panel doesn't look like that. Looking at fridge from left, there is an oblong button which when pressed lights up a snowflake emblem. Then a black line down. Next is a round button which when pressed shows something like opposing bracket signs with a dot in the middle. Then another black line. Then a rectangle with the narrow side downwards, with the top half black - I assume that is to show the fridge. Then a big square bracket enclosing 2 rectangles on top of the other with the top one with an arrow upwards and the bottom one with an arrow facing down. Then comes the screen with the temps for fridge and freezer. Then a repeat of the rectangles the other side of the temperature guides, but in reverse. I hope this is helpful!!!

George-Allsorts :

I'll see if we have any further information on the unit.. To be going on with, the following link is a link to the full English part of the User Manual for the NF 340

George-Allsorts :

NF 340 User Manual EN

George-Allsorts :

If you can not alter the temperature of the fridge section to raise above the frozen state then I would suggest that something has failed on the Control PCB or you are running short of refrigerant....

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me if you hear the compressor/motor running for long periods of time, or almost constantly, or does the compressor actually switch on and off regularly

Customer:

The setting panel in the manual is not the same as on my fridge, unfortunately.

Customer:

Sorry sent reply too soon. the compressor seems to be running most of the time. Is that good or bad?

George-Allsorts :

On the inside of the fridge ... on the left hand side of the salad bowls... please let me know the information from the label there

Customer:

yes, there is. what info do you want from it

George-Allsorts :

Then .. is there an accumulation of ice/frost on the wall of the fridge?

Customer:

no

George-Allsorts :

Then you have a fault in your PCB

Customer:

oh dear. sounds expensive. can it be resolved by an engineer?

George-Allsorts :

The label has the exact model, serial number, and type of refrigerant... can you tell me these

Customer:

model NF-340 c serial sc0070e0200bd64h0109 refrigerantr600a 60g those weren't easy to see!

George-Allsorts :

Thanks.. one moment

George-Allsorts :

NF 340 C Main Module

George-Allsorts :

sorry.. That is expensive.. and I don't know of any company that repairs these boards

George-Allsorts :

There is a small chance... that your unit is short on gas and the freezer is too low in temperature so the motor is running all the time to until the freezer drops to the right temperature... but from what you have told me that is only a small chance.

George-Allsorts :

Put a thermometer in the freezer to see what temperature it goes to.. if the temperature is higher than -18 ( ie -15 or -12) then I would have the refrigerant level checked to try solve the problem

Customer:

ok, will do. will pop thermometer in freezer now, but am out for most of day, so will contact you later.

George-Allsorts :

Ok, chat then.. Have a good day

Customer:

HI George, I did as you suggested and the temperature was exactly -18. In the meantime, I have had a further "fiddle" with the controls and by some fluke, I have been able to set the fridge temp to 10, which is better. Don't ask me how I did it, but it seems to be holding there.

Customer:

I didn't mean to end my message there! I think I will leave things as they are, but I will be giving you a good rating as you definitely focused my mind. Thanks for the help, and I find these Just Answer things great. A tax expert helped me prove to the tax man that I didn't owe them a substantial amount of money, so always recommend this site. Keep up the good work. Margaret