Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

my fridge freezer is about 18months old and the fan has started

my fridge freezer is about 18months old and the fan has started to make a very loud noise which stops when i open the door but starts again as soon as i close it. it sound as if its catching on something.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi It doesn't have a model number on it and i cannot find the receipt. There is a bar code ticket on the back which has the number CBZ380 but i don't know if that is the model number.

regards

kay

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if its a fridge freezer the you need to remove the salad box in the fridge section and there will be a sticker in there with the model details on it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel i have found it its model ZRB38213WA

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok what you will find is this will be ice that has built up around the fan inside the freezer.

This is a simple fix if you have a screwdriver.

Just empty the freezer and look inside towards the top at the back and you will see a plastic cover. Remove this and from there you will see the fan. Remove all the ice you see in there and from around the fan as well.

The refit the rear panel and that should cure the fault from there. Its quite a common fault on these as ive seen this loads of times.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel

i will see if my son can do it for me when he comes in. Can i assume its not dangerous to leave it overnight if i cannot get it done this evening?

Kay

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

No worries.
Yes it will be fine. It wont cause any damage, It will just be noisy.

There is another way if you dont want to remove panels.
But for this you need to empty the freezer and turn it off and leave the freezer door open for 24 hours and it will melt itself.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oh that fine If he doesn't come in I will do that tomorrow. Many thank s

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

No worries.