Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi I have a hoover DYN0144DG that is just over 1 year old.

Customer Question

Hi I have a hoover DYN0144DG that is just over 1 year old. First the display stopped showing and then went the machine went dead. I have replaced the pcb, behind the switches, still no display. The door lock is a bit iffy but a fiddle of connectors does seem to work.

Now the machine will fill when switched on but empties at same time. No LCD display, I have made sure that it is connected correctly.(there is only one plug that can only be put one way)

Could it be the main pcb or would the dodgy door switch disable it so? There is power to and from the main pcb.

Hope you can help me out with this one!...

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If the power supply to the washer is fine and you have replaced the display board on the front then this is going to be the main control board at fault here.

To be honest with most appliances if the display goes off and the appliance goes dead then its usually the main board at fault that causes this kind of fault.

So it looks like the main control board will need to be replaced to cure this, Sorry

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could you tell me where I can get another main control board? For the washer Hoover dyn9144dg? I have googled it with no luck. What other names is the board called?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

The part number for the control board is 49021403

As for a site these have it click here

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that part number, its not written on it anywhere!

The website you sent me a link to is out of stock of this part, any more 'good' dealers you know of?

I did suspect that it would be the main pcb, trouble is with no led display cannot see fault code. Would the main pcb account for this?

D

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

They dont normally print the part number on the boards as the boards fit several models but with different programing software so they use different part numbers.

As to the stock ive just checked the sites i get my spares from and they both show it as out of stock. So my guess its all on back order with Hoover. So might be worth contacting there spares department in the morning and give them the part number and check with them. As you can buy it direct from them. There number is 08443 712 758

And yes if the board is dead then it wont throw up an error code.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks I will try in the morning to locate the part. I frightened myself looking at websites that say the module has to programmed??

Surely a new just goes in and the machine works?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
The part number for the board i gave should come programmed already as this is the programed version.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good info so far, I located a base board. its fitted. Still nothing!

However the LCD does light up with E 15

whats that?

Help

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

E15 is a control module fault as its saying its not programmed but that part number should be for the programmed module.

Is it the same part number as above?
Did you get it direct from Hoover?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, Hoover are out of stock of this part and don't know when they will have.

I found it eventually on line and was assured that it came programmed. It wasn't. Part returned. So it looks like the machine will sit in the basement for a while until the part is available.

Can it be repaired? If you can you could make a fortune here.. I have seen tons of these machines on ebay, possibly with same problem, for a tenner or so.

I think we have gone as far as we can go with this one, so thanks for your help.

But do let me know if you work out a repair or find a spare..

Darren

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

No worries i will keep an eye out for you on the spares sites i use.

But as to a fix they can be but we dont go down to componment level we just swap them over.

But try this site and see if they have a refurbished board. If not see if they can fix yours just contact them and see what they say.

Click here