George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius WD420 it wont wash the lock door

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius WD420 it wont wash the lock door light wont come on when door is closed the handle feels floppy but the door is shut ?
/
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

When you try and start it going will the door actually lock so they it wont open?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no can open and close the door the door shut light wont come on so it wont start.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if you can open and close the door ok then the door handle is fine.

What this will be is either the door lock , control board or even both.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the plastic cover at the bottom on the back.
From there you will see the control board on the back left.
Remove this and pull out from the back. Bit fidderely but will come out.
Then remove the board from the plastic casing and see if theres any signs of burning. If there is then the control board and door will need to be replaced as the door lock may have gone and taken the control board out.

If the control board looks ok then you need to remvoe the door lock from the front. There you will see the wiring block. Disconnect this and you will see 3 tags. To test this you need a multimeter and test between 2 of the tags. You should get a reading between 2 so if you dont get a reading then the door lock is the fault and will need to be replaced.

So check them out if you can and see what you find. But the fault will be with either the lock or control board here.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** If you open the door, behind the door is a door pecker; it is the object that catches against the door interlock when you close the door... Can you check to see if there is any strength in the spring behind the pecker by trying to press it with your fingers.
Also, you say that the door handle is floppy. This is a good indicator that the door handle mechanism is not actuating with full strength and therefore you may need to replace the handle in the door.