Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Baumatic induction hob BWH1609 turns itself off with code

My Baumatic induction hob BWH1609 turns itself off with code E1. How can I get over this?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

E1 error code is a power supply problem or the control unit has failed.

What you need to do is remove the hob and disconnect the mains cable to it and leave it 30 mins as this allows the componments on the control board to discharge themselfs as they store current in them even when its turned off for a bit so 30 mins with the power cable disconnected allows them to discharge.

Then wire it back up and see what happens. If you have a multi meter just check the power supply is fine to the hob. Check you have around 230v there. If you dont then its a power supply fault.

But if the supply is fine and disconnecting it hasnt cured it then im afraid you are looking a faulty power board in there which you will need to replace. But given the price of the parts its sometimes cheaper to replace the hob itself them fix it.

But try the above and see what happens and let me know.