Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Neff S55T59 Integ DW will not drain. Impeller is turning but

Neff S55T59 Integ DW will not drain. Impeller is turning but nothing down the outlet pipe. I have unblocked fat deposits at the sink nozzle in the pipe u bend but still no emptying of the DW. Can I reboot the machine as I think it has now stalled several times. I have determined the error code is 5.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If you reset the cycle and start a new one the first thing it should do is pump the water out. Do you hear the pump running?

If so hang the drain hose into a bucket and when its trying to drain give the drain hose a very good shake as the fat can get into the drain hose and block it up down there.

Try that and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

The pump does try to run as the impeller is turning ok. I have dropped the pipe into a bucket but still nothing

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok just checking did you remove the cover over the impeller inside the dishwasher?
If so have you put it back on again to test it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No i didnt put the cover on I will try that now. Do I just run in the rinse cycle?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok it needs that cover as the cover creates the vortex to enable the pump to drain the water out.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am running it through the rinse cycle - 18mins - let you know if it drains.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
No worries i will be online for another hour yet.