canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

My machine is flashing first light, and light on last light.

My machine is flashing first light, and light on last light. troubleshooting says the total acquastop device may have activated. How do I de activate.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. This fault is caused when water in the base of the dishwasher activates the flood switch. There may be an internal leak or the dishwasher may have not have been leveled properly when installed. Check with a level front and side. To remove the fault pull the dishwasher out and tip it back about 45 degrees. This will allow the water to drain out from the base. Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and the dishwasher will start to work again. Have some rags ready also. When replacing the dishwasher adjust the feet to be sure that it is leveled properly.

Customer:

machine has been installed for many years and therefore cannot believe it is not level. there is no sign of internal leakand the pump is fully emptying the dishwasher.

canuck the pro :

It may look like it is but the aqua stop device is a float device in the drain well and will stop the water before it fills the bottom of the dishwasher. The drain well is below the inside basin of the dishwasher where the pump would pump the water out. If the drain well slowly filled with water over the years for whatever reason then the float got activated. If you check with a level it is part of what I would do for the troubleshooting.

Customer:

if I should find that the level is ok and the level switch has a fault where could I buy a replacement and how difficult is it to fix.

canuck the pro :

I am not saying that for sure that if the machine is out of level that it the cause. It could be the cause. Another cause could be that there is a leak in the basin of the dishwasher. If the float is faulty then you could order a replacement at a local appliance parts supplier with the model number and serial number of the appliance. The difficulty of replacing it on a a scale of 1-10 would be about a 7.

canuck the pro :

Doubtful that it needs to be replaced. It is either a leak or the machine is just a bit out of level. If it is out of level just a bit it may take years for enough water to get trapped and trigger the float and it also may never do it again.

Customer:

this machine is integral to kitchen units, and I will not be able to uninstall today. If tomorrow I have further problems can I please contact you.

canuck the pro :

Sure. It is not integral. Removing a dishwasher you would turn the power and water off, disconnect the drain for the dishwasher from under the sink, Open the door and remove the anchor screws that screw it to the cabinet. They may be either screwed up into the counter or in the sides into the cabinet. Remove the bottom kick plate on the front. Lower the feet. Place a blanket in front of the dishwasher and gently slide the dishwasher out and lift the front feet onto the blanket to not scratch the floor. If the wire and water line are not long enough or flexible then disconnect the power and water also which are accessed from the panel in the bottom front.

canuck the pro :

This chat will be open tomorrow also if you would like to wait until then is fine.

Customer:

Ok thanks will get back to you tomorrow.

canuck the pro :

Very good.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

need more information once machine is de installed from unit. I am not able to do this until this afternoon. I WILL leave feed back as soon as I have the full answer

You rated me as bad service. Was this intentional? I would like to continue to help and I am sorry if I was insulting in some way. It was not my intention.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have just removed the machine and tipped it as you suggested, and all now appears well

just need to re install again now. Thanks for your help with this. I will now complete your feedback. Regards George

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike,

I have at no stage rated your answer, yet you appear to have been marked Bad Service. This is not true, so how do I re rerate you as you advice was successful.

That is great to hear. The smiley faces are the rating system. If there is anything else certainly let me know. Mike