Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

This refers to Washing Machine WME7267W When switched on no

Customer Question

This refers to Washing Machine WME7267W
When switched on no lights appear. I have checked that there is 240v to the switch and that the switch, when pushed in, provides & 240volt output Could this be down to the DC module malfunction . KLS
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

No the DC module wont cause the washer to loose power as this only controls the motor nothing else.

If the on/off switch is fine and you have 240v going out of the switch then its going to be the main control board on the front panel.
This will be the fault here and will need to be replaced.

But megger the washer out incase you have a short in there which has caused the main board to fail. If it has then it could have taken the DC module as well so remove it to see if theres any signs of it blowing on there.

But as the washer is dead this wont be down to DC module it will be the main control board im afraid.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to be a bit thick; but where would be the best place to check for a short ? I don't want to spend £70 on a PCB and then blow that up !

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

You need a megger or a good insulation meter and test the washer to see if its down to earth.

Do you have a multi meter?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I checked the voltage with a multi meter. I had thought of the earthing, but will check again before fitting the PCB. Very grateful. I live in France, so you won't hear the bang when I get it all wrong. Many thanks

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Haha no worries fingers crossed it will be fine. Smile
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sixty six pounds later the PCB is fitted and all is working well. A very satisfactory outcome I should say. I now have the old printed circuit board and its cradle. I wonder if there is someone who would just sell me the PCB's to fit into the cradle. ( I subscribe to the belief that lightning does strike more than once in the same place having had my house struck three times in one storm whilst living in Uganda.) Anyway, thanks a lot Keith