George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Dear Expert,My Bosch AXT Rapid 2200 Shredder jammed while

Dear Expert, My Bosch AXT Rapid 2200 Shredder jammed while attempting to shred some leathery palm leaves. To free it I had to remove the cover and the six screws holding down the cast plate over the cutter. I also removed built-up debris from cavities and crevices. I reassembled it but could not fully screw down the black knob that retains the cover. The machine will now not start. What do you suggest I try next, please? Yours aye, Colin XXXXXXX

George-Allsorts :

Hello Colin, my name is ***** ***** the machine will not start until that black knob is fully screwed in as the knob has a safety switch underneath it. Try removing the cover again just in-case it is misaligned and then replace it ensuring the knob screws all the way in.

George-Allsorts :

regards

George-Allsorts :

George

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks George, but I can't think of any questions I need answering right now.

KRs, Colin

Should I then Close the question down?

regards