George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I bought an Air o Swiss 7147 appliance and when trying to set

Customer Question

I bought an Air o Swiss 7147 appliance and when trying to set it up and switch it on nothing happened. (I have plugged it using a adaptor US to UK, as well as a transformer to convert the 240V into 120V).
Could you please help. Have I missed something?
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 2 years ago.
George-Allsorts :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with answers to your problem.

Please be patient whilst awaiting answers.. I will return.

George-Allsorts :

Can you tell me exactly what sequence you went through to get to the stage you are at please...?

George-Allsorts :

Have you filled the tank yet?

JACUSTOMER-bso4bwqm- : All the steps explained in the quick set up guide that was sold with the item
JACUSTOMER-bso4bwqm- : Yes, I have filled the tank as explained in the setup guide, positioned it back on the base, waited for the base to fill in a bit and then plugged the appliance
George-Allsorts :

have you soaked the de-mineralization cartridge for 24hrs?

George-Allsorts :

Has the Tank Empty indicator gone off?

JACUSTOMER-bso4bwqm- : I have soaked it for 3 days actually (time for me to buy the adaptor and transformer)
JACUSTOMER-bso4bwqm- : The indicator cannot go off as the entire appliance doesn't switch on at all. This is my problem
George-Allsorts :

The reason you have no power then is that the system thinks that the tank is still empty

JACUSTOMER-bso4bwqm- : Nothing happens when I plugged the appliance and pressed the switch on/off button
George-Allsorts :

If the light is on then you'll either need to fill the tank more, or, empty the tank to refill it.

JACUSTOMER-bso4bwqm- : Once again, the light is not on as the entire appliance CANNOT be switched on
George-Allsorts :

Sorry, so you have no power to the appliance.. is that correct?

George-Allsorts :

my apologies for the mis-understanding there

JACUSTOMER-bso4bwqm- : Yes... I went grouch all the setup steps, plugged the appliance using a voltage converter (as the machine is said to work on 120V rather than the normal 240V used in the UK), but nothing happens... I tried to press the on/off button, but nothing!
George-Allsorts :

OK.. Do you have a multimeter to use to confirm the transformer and adapter are working?

JACUSTOMER-bso4bwqm- : No
George-Allsorts :

I suggest you need to ascertain this first... My presumption is that there is no power at the socket

JACUSTOMER-bso4bwqm- : Will give it a go and see
George-Allsorts :

If you come back to me later and we can chat a little more about this once you have found out the results